Out-Patient CT Imaging
Catskill Veterinary Services offers outpatient CT service for your patient’s diagnostic needs. A CT scan will be performed on the requested region of the pet under general anesthesia and in some situations under moderate sedation. The scan will then be reviewed by our consulting radiologist with a diagnosis and a direction for your treatment plan. All pets will be referred back to your practice for continued care. We will be sure to transfer any and all medical records and testing performed at Catskill Veterinary Services.
General Anesthesia is required for the scan
Since the patient must be completely still for the scan, he or she will be placed under general anesthesia. You will drop your pet off in the morning between 8:30 am-9:00 am. The patient will need to be fasted, meaning no food after 9 pm the night before. Water is allowed until the owner leaves to travel to Catskill Vet Services.. While the scan itself may take less than a minute, the preparation and process of anesthesia, positioning the patient, verifying that the scans are complete, and waking the patient up take much longer. Thus, the patient will be sent home that afternoon and will be a little sleepy from the anesthesia for the evening, sometimes until the following day.
*Reports will be available in 24-28 hours. STAT reports can be available but additional charges may apply.
READ AND COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING PRIOR TO SENDING THE FORM
- Owners should anticipate that their pet may need to stay at Catskill Veterinary Services, PLLC for the day
- Patients need to be fasted 12 hours prior to appointment. You will be sent the CT results within 24 hours
- Contact Catskill Veterinary Services prior to referral if you are unsure if a CT would be appropriate
- Upload, email, or fax all recent and pertinent medical records PRIOR to the scheduled imaging appointment. Lab results (CBC/Chemistry) must not be more than 30 days old. Please note that patients with azotemia should not have contrast. If you have a patient that has increased renal values please reach out to us.
- If we do not receive this Out Patient CT Referral Form prior to the scheduled appointment, we will be unable to perform CT scan